Saturday, June 16, 2012

BYCG Nod to No Kid Hungry Garden

Start Small
Build Big!

I remember spending summers with my grandmother in Southern Oregon.
My earliest memories are in Grandmother's Garden.
At age 5 I knew what Rhubarb was and what to do with it. (Destroy it before it could grow)
Just kidding... Make a Pie Of Course!

The summer before 5th grade I worked in the Strawberry & Blueberry Fields.
I made My Own Money and Bought My Own School Clothes!
Not sure if children of that age are allowed to do that anymore. But, I remember how
Great it felt to be able to buy my 3 New Dresses for school with money
I Earned By Myself!

TODAY! I am Building Gardening Memories with My Grandchildren.
TODAY! I hope to help All Children learn to eat good clean foods.
TODAY!

"This is Fun Gramma Taffy!"















Rewards




Nothing Fancy!
BUT SO MUCH FUN!!!!
Gardening w/Me the Backyard Country Girl! 

2 comments:

  1. Grilled zucchini. Let your age appropriate child or grandchild slice up fresh picked zucchini and grill on the bbq for sinner tonight! To make those cool grill marks, place on a very hot grill!
    Enjoy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taffy, this is great, I didn't even know you had a blog! I agree that it is so important to teach our children where healthy food comes from- I love gardening and am always trying to include my kids because it's both fun and educational. I ♥ your blog! ♥

    -Chairity (from http://wildandfreemama.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete