Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wild Eats & Other Lean Meats

Wild Eats & Other Lean Meats

Buffalo, Elk, Venison!

Lean Beef, Pork tenderloin, and Poultry~

So here's what this backyard country girl has gleaned from all the info out there on the subject of eating less unhealthy fat and increasing good fats. Oh, real quick... Fat does not make you fat (someone said that)... 

Yes, I know that is a Highland Cow!  Just wanted to see if Anyone is out there...  while I know that no one is....  I am laughing really, really hard right now and completely enjoying this!

For Me, I didn't like the buffalo, having said that, I was told that it may have been how it was prepared.  I have some faith in that because I was told the same thing for Venison.  I did not like it either. But, I gave it another try and cooked it myself, And, it was delicious.  

So I will try again and let you know.

Haven't had the Elk yet, but I just made arrangements with a Elk Hunter Champion (by his own admission), for some Elk this Fall.

I'm starting to think I'm a bit premature on posting Wild Meats info, but, I'll do it anyway. Venison is very good if you cook it right. And, I do.
If you want my recipe, make a comment to me and I will post the recipe (this is a test)!

Follow on twitter:  ttaaffyyss

Enjoy~


 








No comments:

Post a Comment